Confession Time: Hidden Secrets of an Infrequent Scrapbooker

I love to scrapbook, but you wouldn’t know it from looking at this mess. If I’m honest, I think the reason why I haven’t scrapbooked my own photos in ages, is because I’m overwhelmed. Do you ever feel that way?

But I’m committed to fixing this process for myself, and I have a feeling that you may be struggling with this issue, too. Whether it is physical photos like mine, or perhaps a web of digital pictures that could span the earth – or both – I’m determined to develop a process for tackling my photo storage so that I can find photos when I need/want them, and keep track of the ones I want to scrap.

So I’d love to know, if you like to scrapbook, what are YOUR struggles around scrapbooking? Why don’t you do it more often? What would make it easier for you? What do you enjoy about scrapbooking? Why do you think it is important?

As I work through this struggle myself, I’d like to think about ways I can streamline the process and potentially help you, too!

I’ve literally shared a deep dark secret from my closet today (ha!) – so let me know what struggles you have around this area — and feel free to share what is working for you, too!

Until next time… stay out of my closet! 😉

xoxo,

Jen

5 thoughts on “Confession Time: Hidden Secrets of an Infrequent Scrapbooker

• October 15, 2020 at 10:34 pm

I am just beginning to get back to it – never made it very far in the first place. I want to scrap travel. It seems so easy in theory. I think I have a fear of glueing things down. And PICTURES: I take a lot and need to organize and print. And …

• October 15, 2020 at 10:34 pm

I am so unorganized with my photos and where they are stored and completely overwhelmed at the amount of pictures I would like to or still have to scrapbook. I love doing it when I can sit down and do it. But time is also a factor. Why do I like this? Besides just being able to go to crops with my sister and enjoying our weekends together I do it because I wish my parents pictures were dated and organized, never mind told a story. I am hoping my children and their (future) children appreciate being able to see what went on in our lives as they grew up. If you find a great solution to storing 1000000 pics let me know :).

• October 15, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Yeees! I totally agree about wishing my parents/grandparents had written more about their photos. Thanks so much for sharing with me!

• October 15, 2020 at 10:37 pm

I have trouble "committing," too, Margaret – but I do feel travel is one of the easiest things to begin scrapbooking. They are self-contained "stories" with a clear timeline! 🙂